Thursday, January 8, 2009

Theme Thursday - Vintage Valentine

Hi Everyone....


I needed a little break from all the book illustrating today so I took 5 minutes to come up with a design for Theme Thursday.....this is my first time at Theme Thursday....and the theme is "Vintage Valentine"

I did some freehand heart cutouts and embossed them with a gift from my husband...my new cuttlebug....I then added a vintage image from

The Vintage Moth ( free images daily for mixed media artists)

Added all the pieces to my card....then added my favorite sparkles with stickles.....
and voila....a vintage valentine in no time....
Hugs
Diana

13 comments:

Sandy said...

So fantastic and romantic.
Gorgeous hearts. Love them.

marianne said...

Lovely valentine card!

Char said...

Fabulous card. Great hearts.

Sarah said...

Beautifully traditional and vintage all in one. Nicely done!

Lisa M Griffin said...

How lovely and perfect for Valentines. The texture that you added to the paper really adds to the piece. Nice job.

indybev said...

That cuttlebug does some wonderful things! This is a great valentine, Diana.

indybev said...

Me again. I just checked your web site and saw your illustrations for the first time. WOW! I'm ever so impressed with your talent!

Edrian said...

I can see that you've been very busy, and I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by every now and then. I usually make resolutions around my birthday and not new years... Seems to be less hectic time which provides me with the 'resolve' to stick to something. I am still sticking with my birthday plan and I am proud because I'm ahead of schedule!
I had a mishap on my blog and lost some links. I just realized I had lost yours. I'll add you back.

I love the movable dolls and your vintage piece!

Femmy said...

gorgeous valentine card!!!

Anonymous said...

Great design.

Lynn Stevens said...

I Love the texture you used.

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

What a great gift from your hubby! And it compliments your artwork so well.

~*~Patty S said...

Welcome to TT! Your card is really lovely!

 
Blogging tips