Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Help Me - Help People - Help You - I need your help!


Hi Everyone....


Each year I try to do a few projects to help the world in one small little way and this year I was inspired by bees. I located a charity called Heifer.....and what caught my eye was something that has been near and dear to me for many years....Bees....This group helps struggling families earn income through the sale of honey, beeswax and pollen. Beehives require almost no space and, once established, are inexpensive to maintain. As bees search for nectar, they pollinate plants. Placed strategically, beehives can as much as double some fruit and vegetable yields. In this way, a beehive can be a boost to a whole village.Although most Heifer partners keep bees as a supplement to family income, beekeeping can be a family's livelihood. Your gift can help Heifer provide a family with a package of bees, the box and hive, plus training in beekeeping - and this unique gift will be passed on to another family in need. This is a perfect way to help people that will also help the world....


I created a new blog to document this project and hope that you will help me spread the word and help make a difference. I created a special art piece and 10.00 dollars from the large print and 5.00 dollars from the smaller print goes to a fund that will help purchase bees for special families. Every $30 Raised purchases a package of bees, the box and hive, plus training in beekeeping....this not only helps make a family more self reliant it helps the overall population of bees throughout the world. With the collapse of many colonies all over the world this makes even more sense. My slogan for this campaign is "HELP ME - HELP PEOPLE - HELP YOU" as in the end I think we all win in a special way....


Buy a print

Please check out my blog - http://beesforacause.blogspot.com/
and please add this to your blog side bar...to help!!
Thank you from the heart!!!
hugs
Diana

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for adding this ladybug!!! Appreciate the help in getting the word out!

Anonymous said...

I love Heifer! Helping people help themselves. How can you resist bees, or a llama or a flock of ducks! I can't. I give often. What a wonderful idea! And beautiful art.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

OOh I really like this! I have never heard of them before, but I love helping others and I love the whole Bee project! That's fantastic! Way cool!!!

 
Blogging tips