Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's time to celebrate!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!

I am so excited to say that I just finished the book cover layout for my latest picture book! I am so thrilled to not only be finished with the edits and illustrations but also thrilled to be learning something new....creating book layouts and book cover spreads...what a wonderful way to learn more about the children's book industry....and also learn to use some cool new applications to do it.....I also had no idea about all the standards and work that happens behind the scenes before a book makes it to market..........

anyways to show that I am celebrating I feature an illustration from another book that will also be coming out soon....and these ponies sure look like they are all about celebrating....

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

Hugs
Diana

13 comments:

Amy said...

horses and cupcake's..what a sweet treat!!! I love it Diana!

I read you will get into ATC's soon..I really look forward to that and hope we can trade!

Congrats on your book..you are so Blessed!!

Unknown said...

thanks Amy!!!

Carla Burke said...

Oh Diana how wonderful!! You are the most talented artist.

Art by Darla Kay said...

You are totally awesome!
Darla♥

soulbrush said...

and you k know i will be buying them for maggie..the books that is not the horses. wonderful D

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey there Ms. Diana! I see you've been at the drawing board once again! These little buckaroos are so darn cuttttteeee! I love them. The rich brown works so beautiful! I really like this lot! Hey D. can you see me??? I'm doing the happy dance for you!!! Go Diana!!! This is like the best news man!!!! You are so Blessed and favored and it's a wonderful thing. I know you are going to learn and grow and most of all enjoy the process!!! I'm so proud of you darling! YOU ROCK!!!!

Annette Q said...

What a lovely, fun illustration, i love it!:-)

Renee said...

Diana Cole must have loved this book.

And by the way how did someone so young as you become so wise.

Love Renee xoxo

Manon said...

Celebrate girlfriend! Pop some champagne!!
Congrats to you Diana!!

tera said...

I love your art; you've got such a look of your own! Congrats on your book -I used to think I wanted to do children's books, I suspect it's much more work than we know!

Love the happy happy horses!

Thanks for stopping by to see me :)

Sab said...

very nice blog ! ^_^

mia said...

Wonderful drawing,Diana! My horse-crazy daughter would love it on her wall...

C. JoyBell C. said...

hahahahahahahaha! This one makes me laugh! :)

 
Blogging tips