Thursday, September 17, 2009

Welcome Back !!! and some updates...


Hi Everyone....Firstly sorry for not popping by and saying hello...this week turned out to be one of my busiest weeks ever....I am so happy that my Brother and Sister-in-Law our on their way home from France today....they were away for 2 weeks and spent their first Anniversary in the South of France and the last week in one of my favorite cities...Paris!! I made them this special watercolour to remember their first year together...and first anniversaries are paper of all things...hehehehe.....This was the trip Brad and I were supposed to be on with them...but we had to postpone....
I also finished a new project and have been doing a lot of new work editing and getting books ready for Flash Animation....this is so much fun to work on and I just finished one book and I just got a new project to start today....
My picture book is in it's final stages and I will get the first copy within a few weeks...I am so excited and thrilled ....this book will be the first book where I merge my art with my writing....and a pivotal point for my career.....
I am also getting some special colouring pages ready for 2 book readings I will be hosting for TD Bank this week....I have about 60 children that will be attending the event and I will be reading my new book before it even hits the book stores....I will also be reading my last book and sharing my life as an Artist and Illustrator....and then handing out all kinds of goodies the bank put together......I am so excited and scared at the same time....I hope the children like me....
On top of all that I also have a new book underway and feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done that I want to get done....
If I haven't popped by in a while, I am so sorry....once things get a little under control I will catch up with you all....thanks for always being there for me and for your support and friendship!!!
Hugs
Diana

17 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

It sounds as though you are really busy... take care !

Renee said...

No need to be sorry Diana. I for one am very happy for all the good things that are keeping you busy.

Lots of love dear friend and the painting you did is beautiful.

Have fun reading to all the kids.

xoxxo

NANCY LEFKO said...

My, what a gorgeous gift...it is lovely beyond words. Congrats on all of your "happenings" and many successes...you so totally deserve it all :)

Art by Darla Kay said...

That is so awesome and beautiful Diana! I'm sure they'll treasure it for years and years! What a gorgeous couple!
Darla

Amy said...

You are so BRILLIANT!!! I love the Anniversary gift..they will treasure it forever!
Yours books sound delightful and don't worry about the kids..they will adore you..you are the SWEETEST!!!
good luck..you have alot going on..but lots of good things!!!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh diana!

what a gorgeous painting!

your book projects are so exciting! i am so happy for you!

Annette Q said...

Such a beautiful painting Diana! Your life does sound very busy at the moment, but in a good way! Sounds like you have lots of great, exciting projects going on. I cant wait to see what your childrens book looks like, I can imagine it being brilliant just like your artwork...and I'm sure you'll be great with the children, just make sure you have lots of fun and enjoy it! :-)

Manon said...

This gift is amazing Diana! I'm sure they will treasure it forever!!
Wow! You are on busy girl!! Congrats!!

Manon said...

I meant "one" not on!!! that was an artistic moment!!

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

What a thoughtful and meaningful anniversary present! You are such a sweet and giving person Diana. It is absolutely beautiful.

And I'm so proud to see you become more successful and have amazing opportunities come your way. You are so deserving of it.

Enjoy all of the excitement and success! I'm sure the children will love you, just as much as all of your fans in bloggerland. :)

Tom Rademakers said...

Hi Diana,

Beautiful painting about your brother and sister in Law.

Tom

Janine said...

What a great painting you made.
That is a phantastic gift.
Janine

soulbrush said...

that painting is fantabulous! they must love it. oooh can't wait to get your new book for maggie munchkin. lotsa love xxx

Bella Sinclair said...

OMG, gorgeous painting! They are going to be over the moon when they see this. So touching and thoughtful. And perfect for paper!

Man, oh man, so many happy things on your plate. The kids are going to LOVE you and your book and the coloring pages. How could they not? And books!!!! Wowweeeee. You deserve all the success in the world!

Draffin Bears said...

Oh Diana you sound to be very busy, and what fun to be doing so many exciting things.
that is such a gorgeous painting.

Best of luck with your new books and have a lovely time reading to the children.

Enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn

Carla Burke said...

Oh Diana, I luv luv luv this painting! It is breathtaking.

marianne said...

This is so prety Diana! What a perfect gift!
I think I saw this one before I left to Bonaire.
I have been 8 days more or less without internet there and had to fly 2 times to Equador as well.
But now I will see all your new creations with a cup of coffee!

 
Blogging tips