Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Postcard Art - My Victorian Blues.....

victorian blues

I love Victorian things....everything vintage just makes me think of what it was like back in that era.....I often visit some amazing old Victorian Mansions and take tours to see how people lived back then....and then I create characters that I feel lived in those homes....the ladies...the cool clothes....everything.....

This weeks theme over at Sunday Postcard Art is "Feeling Blue" so I created this postcard with a Victorian Lady all in blue...she is a watercolour I created and then scanned and used in this piece....

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!!

Thank you for popping by and saying hello...I always love to hear from you....

and don't forget to download your free book plates from my website....

14 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous! Beautifully created.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

She looks very elegant in blue!

Femmy said...

this is beautiful Diana!!

Sandy said...

So sis beautiful.
Gorgeous design. Love it.

Loni Edwards said...

Love it! So pretty! I hope you have a great Sunday also :)

indybev said...

She's elegant and lovely, Diana. One of your very best.

(I always have to save you til last in commenting, because your blog takes forEVER to load, and then I can't get out of it without exiting the whole shebang. Can't figure out why).

LuLu Kellogg said...

Diana, she's lovely!
LuLu♥

Darlene said...

Very pretty watercolor and postcard!!! I like the Victorian period too.

Katie said...

So simple and pretty. really great card

Manon said...

She's fabulous Diana!! It's so funny because my painting it pretty much *blue* too!! xoxo

Deborah said...

Oh so sweet! Yes, you and Manon are thinking blue today! My sky is blue. Free book plate??? Must run and grab one!!! You too sweet. **kisskiss** Deb

Deann said...

Diana ~ she is so lovely. It's great that you use your own watercolors in your creations...beautiful work.

LynnF said...

Another gorgeous piece, Diana! Victorian period is a particular favorite of mine, too! Lovely work!

Jana said...

Stunning piece. I love this woman. She's beautiful.

 
Blogging tips