Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Learn something new every day....

Owl party

A wise old owl once told me to never stop learning...and that is what I try to do each and every day...it could be something as simple as learning a new word...or something as fun as trying a new art technique...

This year I am focusing on a lot of learning....from web site design to getting into the nitty gritty of Art Licensing I will be doing a lot to grow not only as a person...but as an Illustrator and Designer....

I will keep you all posted as I learn new things and will share my experiences with you along the way....This week I am revamping my website with the design stuff I am learning and it is no easy task....in the meantime I have pointed my sites to my blog and will re-launch my site when it's all ready for public consumption...lol

Happy Learning Everyone!!!

What are you thinking of trying or learning today?

My word of the day .......care of dictionary.com

Nimbus

1. (Fine Arts) A circle, or disk, or any indication of radiant light around the heads of divinities, saints, and sovereigns, upon medals, pictures, etc.; a halo.

2. A cloud or atmosphere (as of romance or glamour) that surrounds a person or thing.

3. (Meteorology) A rain cloud.

9 comments:

Cameron said...

Now that you mention it, the new tasks on my agenda for today include adding copyright symbols to my blog images....after a year of blogging, it's about time!

Diane said...

So cute, Diana! I am still trying to get a handle on Photoshop! So much involved in the digital art.
Have a great day! xo Diane

Bronson Hill Arts said...

I'm very early into my return to the artworld and just stumbled across the whole art licensing concept. I look forward to observing your foray, too!

-Barb

Unknown said...

Great work Cameron!!!!! Congrats on one year of blogging!!!!!

Tammie Lee said...

I wish you the best with your web site and art licensing, not easy at all, I bow to you and look forward to what you share with us.

Loving your owl!
and wonderful word that nimbus is!

Janine said...

Hi Diana,
this owl is super sweet.
I love owls.
Great work again,
have a great weekend
Janine

Unknown said...

Thank you Diane! Hope you have fun with PS!

Barb!!! Welcome back to the art world!

Thanks Tammie....I have always loved web design......learning with some new tools should be a fun challenge!

Thanks Janine! I love owls too!

martinealison said...

L'amie Choupette de mon blog envoie un bisou à votre hibou!...
Je vous envie pour votre dextérité à utiliser l'informatique...
je voudrai moi aussi protéger mes oeuvres avec un copyright mais je suis nulle et donc je n'y parviens pas!!!
L'envie de modifier et d'améliorer mon blog et de créer mon site me taraude mais là aussi je suis un peu arrêtée. Je ne suis pas née avec les ordinateurs, mais je me refuse d'abdiquer...
Bisous

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

We never stop learning new things and that is what is so exciting in life.
Best of luck with all the new and lovely things in yours.
Your owl is every so sweet, looks so wise.

Happy weekend, dear friend
Hugs
Carolyn

 
Blogging tips