Monday, December 17, 2012

Homemade Gnocci....so easy and so good....










Hi Everyone....

With my latest trip to New York City....I always make a stop in Little Italy for some eats and treats and this time I didn't get a nice yummy order of Gnocci....so when I came home I was inspired to create my own gnocci from scratch....and it was super easy to do....

The key to a delish meal with gnocci is all in the sauce too...so I cooked up a sauce that I simmered all day long....with onions...garlic.....tons of basil and some really good San Marzano tomatoes....

To make the Gnocci I took some leftover mashed potatoes...about a cup....added two cups of flour and 2 eggs and some sea salt....mixed and kneaded everything into a nice ball of dough and then flattened it out and cut strips that I then formed into snakes....cut into little pieces and rolled them on the back of a fork by pressing with my finger....this gives the gnocci some nice grooves for sauce to hold onto.....Once I finished making all the pieces....I had a large pot of boiling water with salt ready and threw in all my gnocci.....cooked them till they were all plump and floating....and then tossed them in my sauce to absorb some of the flavor....

To finish I served these up with extra cheese and it was a meal just like something you would expect from Little Italy....only better...because it was made with love!!!

Try it out....seriously it is pretty easy and you will love these.....

and just for fun I thought I would also share some of my photos from Little Italy in NYC......







I ate my way through NEW YORK City and it was amazing....

Happy Monday and Happy Creating Everyone!!!


4 comments:

bellefrogworks said...

ok - now I have to make some. Years ago my husband and I made fresh pasta from "scratch". It was a lot of work and I lived in NY then so it was really easy to buy fresh pasta. But the gnocchi sound really easy and I love them. Thanks for the information!

marianne said...

Everything looks just yummy !!!!
My gosh so much to get inspired but also temped to try there ;)
♥M

Cool Chic Style Fashion said...

Deliziosi gnocchi, ciao

josh pincus is crying said...

I LOVE gnocchi. No meat in that sauce, right?

 
Blogging tips